Started in 2010, The Saturday Bridges Program brings together Sudanese children, parents, local students, volunteers, and professionals for enrichment programming during the academic year.
The program currently provides:
- Preschool sessions with pre-literacy and early literacy support for our 3-4 year olds
- Outdoor experiential education for elementary and middle school students at Drumlin Farm
- An infant program that provides stimulation and engagement for our youngest participants
- College readiness and summer employment guidance for teens
- Workshops for adults covering a range of topics, including financial literacy, housing, and job search, parenting, and life skills
- Personalized tutoring is also available for adults
Participants and volunteers experience a rich cultural exchange, and beyond functioning as a social hub for the community, whole-family programming offers a model of life-long learning.